- To safeguard our frontline workers, we helped procure/supply PPE (personal protective equipment) including N95 masks, 3 PLY masks, surgical gloves, surgical caps, hand sanitisers, disposable bed sheets, floor disinfectants to hospitals and other frontline workers.
- We have been providing customised relief kits to local areas consisting of essentials and staples to provide appropriate nutrition and immediate food relief to those impacted by the pandemic.
- Scaling COVID vaccinations – Addressing hesitancy, mobilisation involving the community front-line workers and ensuring that the maximum numbers of people get vaccinated through delivery and demand side interventions.
- Strengthening the healthcare facilities and making them ready for any future surges – Through human resource, equipment, infrastructure, technical and administrative support.
- Building community resilience and response – Prevention, timely identification, and action including post-COVID psychological and physiological care of the COVID affected patients and families, caring for the COVID orphans, semi-orphans, and widows and re-building livelihoods impacted by COVID.
- Increased size of metal used for Plain Cement Concrete (PCC) and Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) works.
- Caring for the COVID orphans, semi-orphans, and widows.
- Addressing learning -loss in children and students.
- Rebuilding livelihoods of those impacted by Covid.
The implementation of this project brought forth some examples of the following good practices:
- Setting up at least 14 make-shift hospitals with 2,035 beds and supporting multiple other hospitals with the supply of oxygen related and lifesaving equipment like bipap machines, concentrators, PSA plants, scryogenic liquid medical oxygen tanks, and PPE kits among others.
- Around 4 lakh people have been vaccinated in Patna through Mega Vaccination Camps alone. Similar camps running and coming up in multiple other cities across India. These centres target up to 2,000 vaccinations per day in Patna through two state of the art facilities open 24/7 with public amenities.
- Recently launched Suraksha Vahinis (travellers) carry a Nukkad Natak troop who performs in front of the target population breaking the myths and misinformation around COVID vaccination, address the vaccine hesitancy and subsequently the vaccinators and data verifiers accompanying the vehicle vaccinate the people.
- Around 10 lakh people have been vaccinated through Mobile Vans alone. Similar vans running and coming up in multiple other states across India, which address the inaccessibility of vaccines through doorstep delivery and increased coverage.