- Total 227 demonstrations (128 in Hazira and 99 in Umarpada) plots were set up in the project villages on crops like wheat, gram, fenugreek, cluster bean, bhalpapdi, etc. More than 2000 people were benefitted.
- 750 households were trained on improved livestock management practices and animal nutrition in both project areas.
- Multicut fodder cultivation and hydroponic were some of the few important demo setups under livestock management. Along with these 97 collectives were formed at the village level (20 SMCs, 60 old SHGs, and 17 new SHGs).
- 885 women are part of these institutions and actively involve themselves in various project activities and take decisions as and when required
- The project activities were highly impacted during the second wave of COVID-19, and the team’s movement to the field was highly restricted. To avoid the infection & spread, team had moved some of the activities like training of CRPs, interaction with experts to virtual mode. Around 8 training sessions were conducted on Google Meet and WhatsApp for farmers by KVK experts. Training on cotton farming and soil testing was provided with the help of PPTs.
- The project continued the o-groundwork with the help of volunteers. An update on casualties and the health requirements was maintained consistently.